Tuesday, April 25, 2023

In the Realm of Me, April 2023

 It's funny to see just how long its been since the last time I posted something. Time really flies by, huh. Since my last post I have a few updates to make.

Firstly: I released my first official ttrpg supplement! ACES is a hack of the game FIST by Claymore, which allows you to take on missions set in the wild west! Inside the 8 page zine includes new mechanics, character options, a mission generator, and a loose one-shot to get you started.

You can find ACES on itch.io for Pay What You Want at this link: https://qw3rty.itch.io/aces


Second: I started a Call of Cthulhu public game at my college. I'm surprised just how popular it has become, especially since many of the members had no prior roleplaying experiences. One had never even heard of Cthulhu at all! I have a post coming soon detailing a one-shot I wrote for that public game, but for now I will just detail my experiences running. First it definitely made me a better Keeper and GM. With a constantly changing party the dynamic was always switching and I was always teaching new people how to play. Additionally it gave me a lot of experience running, which in all honestly I didn't have a ton of beforehand. And secondly, it felt very fulfilling to introduce people to the hobby that wouldn't have otherwise. The more people playing the better, especially if they go to my school.

Well that's all for this update. I have a few things in the works, but those will be for after finals are over. As always happy gaming and I look forward to the next time you stop by the Travelling Alchemist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using A Flow Chart for Dungeon Maps

Quickie today!  I've been running Starfinder recently, and with the final session coming up I needed to prepare the ship the party would...